Lozano Smith Foundation awards recognize positive programs within districts.
The Lozano Smith Foundation recognizes California school districts with a variety of award programs and scholarship opportunities.
Bullying Prevention Program Award
The Lozano Smith Foundation Bullying Prevention Program Award is a recognition award to promote the good work of school district anti-bullying initiatives.
This award recognized six public school district programs that demonstrate a concerted strategy and program to raise awareness and prevention of bullying. This may include, for example, student engagement through curriculum, resources, activities, campaigns, community events, partnerships, and digital media. Two school districts were honored and provided with a $1,500 award designated towards an individual school’s anti-bullying program. Additionally, four school districts were provided with a $500 award designated towards an individual school’s anti-bullying program.
Congratulations to the 2016 Award Winners!
- Dry Creek Joint Elementary School District – Watch the award presentation on Good Day Sacramento
- Folsom Cordova Unified School District
- Albany Unified School District
- Marin County Office of Education
- Plumas Unified School District
- Salinas City Elementary School District
2015 Lozano Smith Foundation Mentoring Program Award
The Lozano Smith Foundation Mentoring Program Award is a recognition award offered through the Center for Leadership, Equity, and Research (CLEAR) that seeks to promote the good work of student-based mentoring programs throughout the State.
The award recognizes school programs that exemplified all aspects of mentoring. This includes helping students enhancing personal, academic and leadership skills, while ensuring an inclusive, positive school environment. Two school districts were recently honored and provided with a $1,500 award designated towards an individual school’s mentoring program. Four school districts were also honored with $500 awards designated towards the schools mentoring programs.
Congratulations to the 2015 Award Winners!
- Livermore Valley Joint Unified School District
- Elk Grove Unified School District
- Coalinga-Huron Unified School District
- Paso Robles Joint Unified School District
- Ontario-Montclair School District
- Calaveras County Office of Education