Honoring Lozano Smith’s exemplary and long-time leader through a scholarship.
2016-2017 Scholarship Award
Honoring Lozano Smith’s exemplary and long-time leader, the Lozano Smith Foundation is pleased to announce the Gregory A. Wedner Memorial Music Scholarship. With this scholarship, we celebrate the cultivation of music in schools, and look to recognize students who inspire through leadership, character and musical aspirations.
- Three (3) $1,000 scholarship winners.
Criteria and Eligibility
- Senior at the start of the 2016-17 school year.
- Attends a high school within Campbell Union High School District.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 at the end of junior year and first semester of senior year.
- Minimum two years involvement in a music program during high school.
- Clearly demonstrates a positive impact on the high school music program and students at the school.
- Evidence of leadership and outstanding character.
- Interested in using musical talents in advanced educational opportunities.
- One submission per student.
- Students must complete the downloadable application form.
- Letters of recommendations, photos, videos or other supporting materials are welcome.
- Limited to 750 words.
- Application forms must be received by the Lozano Smith Foundation by the date of the deadline. Email address for submissions can be found in the application.
- Deadline is May 5, 2017.
- Electronic submission is required.
- Judging will be completed on the basis of originality, organization, clarity of writing, and relevance of content to the criteria and eligibility requirements.
2015-2016 Scholarship Award
In partnership with Campbell Union High School District, the Foundation is excited to recognize two outstanding seniors! Congratulations to Christian Cotter from Prospect High School, and Emily Hilton-Nickel from Branham High School.